Do you need a yoga mat bag
You may have just begun your practice and even branched out and purchased your very own yoga mat. But now you realise it can be difficult to transport if it is raining or maybe you generally just want to take care of your mat. So this leads you down the path on if you should purchase a yoga mat bag. But first what is a yoga mat bag?
What is a Yoga mat bag
Yoga mat bags are small bags generally made out of eco-friendly materials. It is a small tote bag with a sling that you can sling over your shoulder. They are designed to make it easier for you to transport your yoga mat and keep it protected when you are travelling between work and home to your yoga practice.
What to look for in a yoga mat bag
All yoga mat bags and totes can look all the same to you. But there are subtle differences that can make the yoga bag a great favourite of yours or leave it to gather dust in the closet after purchase.
- Measure the size of your Yoga mat - Most of the bags in the market will fit standard yoga mats. But don't be inactive and check the dimensions of the carrier you have in mind. That way you wont have to try and jam your sweaty yoga mat into it after the class or when in a hurry.
- What’s your style? – Are you minimalisitic and straightforward? Do you have more of an ecological and environmental friendly outlook? Or do you embrace being different from the crowd and embracing your personality?
- How do you get to class? - Do you ride a bike to your yoga class? Do you maybe have backpains in your back and prefer to carry a backpack-style mat carrier instead of a large horizontal one-shoulder tote bag? Do you need room for other items such as a water bottle, towel and clothes?
- Check for pockets and other small factors - If you want to leave your wallet at home when going to a class, then pick a bag with zipper pockets, where you can save your keys, money, or ID. Some bags come with padded pouches or a spacey compartment for your tablet or laptop if you're going to class right after or before work.
- The comfort level you need - Yoga mat bags can come with two small straps or a large shoulder- or cross-body band. A huge plus is when the straps are adaptable to fit your body and padded to stop them from hitting against your skin when carrying a dense mat.
Finally the price range you are looking for will play a big role in which bag you end up going for. But use these tips to give you some guidance on which yoga mat bag may actually be right for you, and don’t forget to MEASURE YOUR MAT BEFORE BUYING A BAG!